Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Song A Day 2013 2/4 - 2/5

One Day After Another

Two acoustic guitars and a vocal track - nothing fancy. I used a capo on the higher pitched guitar part and recorded everything with the U87. I aimed the mic slightly lower to see if it picked up chest resonances, but I didn't hear much of a difference. Didn't bother with a click track for the guitar recordings, which turned out to be problematic when adding the second guitar part. D'oh!

Paul Williams

This was a live performance into the U87 from a a distance of 3 feet. It was very difficult to sing and play at the same time, but it allowed me to change tempo between verse and chorus at will. I wish I could sing in tune. Why can't I sing in tune? And why the hell am I singing about Paul Williams?

No comments: